Tuesday, February 27, 2007

All You Can Cheat

A TV cookery programme has landed itself in hot water - fuck me, I'm good - for fleecing punters who voted in a competition they had no hope of winning. I watched the programme, and if I remember rightly the question was something like:

Wholegrain, Dijon and English are all types of:

A. Mayonnaise
B. Mustard
C. Meringue

The phone calls cost 25p a minute and the prize was a chance to appear on the following week's show. Big fucking whoop. Frankly, if you're the kind of person who'd pay money to get up early on a Saturday morning to go and sit at a table and say "Mmmm, that's delicious, the lemon really counteracts the richness of the duck", then you are a sushi-grade cunt who deserves to be lightly poached in a broth made from your own entrails.

(By the way, my American friends, the answer is B, mustard. It's the yellow stuff they put on hot dogs.)

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Coming soon to a shop near you: Wholegrain Meringue.

2/27/2007 11:21:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In America, we like our mayonnaise all full of grains and stuff. Mustard, on the other hand, being fat-free, is something we of course do not have at all. Exotic!

2/28/2007 12:11:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I put wholegrain meringue on my hot-dog to help cool it when it gets too raw from tight buns.

2/28/2007 12:48:00 am  
Blogger hungbunny said...

I made the meringue bit up, I think. It could have been melons or Marmite.

2/28/2007 01:20:00 pm  
Blogger Foot Eater said...

my American friends

You have friends? Why have a blog, then?

2/28/2007 07:47:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mayonnaise with grains and stuff in it? What the fuck is with that?

Oil, egg yolk, lemon juice, vinegar, salt and pepper - isn't that mayonnaise?

3/01/2007 07:30:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sushi-grade cunt? Mmmm, sounds delicious... I'll have mine with lashings of wasabi.

3/01/2007 10:34:00 am  
Blogger hungbunny said...

Foot Eater: I ask myself the same question on a daily basis.

Jair: they eat things called grits over there - 'nuff said.

Tomla: be careful, an expert will need to remove all the poisonous bits first.

3/02/2007 10:58:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home