Thursday, March 22, 2007

Scatfest

Went to the Gilbert & George retrospective at Tate Modern yesterday. If you think you might be offended by photos of old men's cocks and crucifixes made from shit, don't go. I would also warn against taking very young children along, unless you want them to grow up to become bedwetting coprophiles.



One room is filled with the Dirty Words Pictures - pictures with names like Fuck, Cunt, Queer and Communism. A woman pointed one out to her daughter, who may or may not have been a retard - sometimes it's hard to tell where ugliness ends and Downs Syndrome begins - and said, "That one's called Are You Angry Or Are You Boring? Which one do you think mummy is?"

I would have shouted "Cunt!", but I didn't want to offend anyone.

4 Comments:

Blogger hungbunny said...

Doubly gay - I went to two. I wouldn't bother with the Hogarth though, unless you like jostling with hundreds of little old ladies.

3/23/2007 11:12:00 am  
Blogger Emerald Bile said...

Hello dear

I'm back in the UK next weekend. I will go.Shall we dine together?? Send me an email

Noreen xx

3/23/2007 08:40:00 pm  
Blogger Mr. X said...

We did, and we didn't.
Shout and offend people that is.

Boring bloody lot...

3/24/2007 11:43:00 pm  
Blogger dweller said...

I went and looked at those boring paintings by that Indian boho woman instead.
And they were deconstructing the metal slides the day I went - bastards...

5/17/2007 02:33:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home